Tuesday 25 September 2012

My journey towards the BV (becoming vegetarian)

With less than a week before my boo and I change lifestyles for one of the meatless/diaryless kind, I can't help but think that I was being groomed for this very moment.

Recently I've become more health conscious because I really wanted to lose some weight so I started sticking to some really basic health principles and you know what? it is paying off....though I did not see results within a couple of weeks, I am beginning to see the difference and so is everyone else around me. I'm getting more comments about my appearance being smaller from colleagues etc. so something must be happening.

Along with those health principles, boo helped me come off chocolate (because it contains caffeine) and so really as I didnt eat that much meat anyway, the next logical step was to vegefy myself anyway.

When you learn about the dangers of meat and dairy and the connection to all manner of diseases people now associate with 'life' a decision had to be made and we are indeed looking forward to the health benefits from adopting these practices.

Then the other day Boo and I were just discussing our excitement about what we will be starting soon and the realisation of the connection between my spiritual life and my physical came to light. It was like ....'so if it is with my mind I communicate with God, and my mind and body are connected, what I put in will either enhance of diminish my mental capacity therefore affecting my spiritual life. Though I may not be mentally impaired, I may not be running at my best because I'm devouring junk. So I concluded, attack of the body = attack of the mind = attack of my soul!!

So there we have it, I was being groomed for this next step as my love for certain things died down, my desire to grow spritually increased and well just wanting to do right by God. It really helps when you have a boyfriend with the same mindset because I'm encouraged by him all the time.

Really excited and will definitely be blogging my experiences the good and the bad. So quick snapshot of today:

Good: Feeling/looking smaller...running further away from 14st (13st 2lb now)
Bad: Did not eat enough calories while at work lead to some next level hunger than even water couldnt quench though I done had my lunch already....thanks to Ellen on that emergency rice pudding in her bag....learnt my lesson (im still a big gurl and still need fuelling lol)

But besides all that I'm feeling good. I'm feeling great. I'm getting closer to where I want to be and will do IN JESUS NAME

:)


1 comment: